Monday, October 8, 2007

In which my fish filters are finally vindicated...

So, when we left Alaska, the ONLY things I brought with me from our fish tank setups were the two fish filters (and a net and siphon...both of which can be replaced for a couple bucks...not sure how those made it through moving triage). I was given quite a bit of well-intentioned sass for keeping the filters, especially when our cargo room shrunk yet they continued to migrate with us across to MI. HOWEVER! I have finally been vindicated as we found a 29 gallon aquarium with everything but filters, plants and fish for $10 at a garage sale last week! Bwah ha haaa! Haaa...the filters live again!

We added 5 male Mollies (I don't want zillions of baby fish running around so it's a sausage-fest...no girls...it gets basic when it comes down to fish...) and will add a couple more over the next few weeks. Austin picked them out. At Petsmart they were the ones he saw and laughed and squirmed and kicked his little legs...yes, please...I'll take those :)

Pete decorated...it's a little cabin with a water wheel that spins with the bubbler and bubbles puff from the chimney...I would totally move in if I were a fish. So far, the fish think the roof is DE-licious. It rocks.

Here is Austin pre-fish splashing in the water. He thinks it rocks too. I can finally nurse while sitting down sometimes while he watches fish. Yay!

No comments: