Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moments with my Haley



I've got to say I'm in love with my Haley-bird. Haley is my brother Jus and his wife Tori's daughter. For almost five years I've been so on the fringes and haven't known her, and Austin and I were able to go with Mom on her annual migration to their house in Louisiana and spend a week with them. I brought my Ergo (what she's riding in), some playsilks, some racing ducks, and Nana brought us and streamers and more. Finally seeing these pictures brings tears to my eyes. Being able to connect with her was very special to me, and it was so incredible to be able to connect in the carrier. It was effortless and stressless....instant and so complete. Feeling my brother's big girl smiling and closing her eyes with her head resting on my back feeling the flutter of a silk in the sunshine dancing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (or something) is in my memory forever. Watching her swing with every silk tied onto her and the swing flutter back and forth and throw her head back and laugh is snapped in my memory forever.

Austin is waking up so I'll have to post more pictures and stories later, but I wanted to get these on.

No comments: